This is my first blog post of many about my new book “A caring mind”. If you have visited this site in the past, then you are probably fully aware that I promote the experience of caring for someone with a mental illness. This book of course is no different and promotes my cause even further.
There are several differences between this site and my book and that is I cover my carers journey when caring for my mother and supporting my brothers. I also cover more in depth the importance of carers getting involved and also networking with each other.
Some information has been taken from my website and added to the book, but I have also included new topics that can only be read from my new book “A caring Mind”.
For anyone caring for someone with mental illness this book can give many things including identifying with other carers, giving hope for the future, examining current carer themes, empowerment for mental health carers and plenty more
Here are the chapters of the book, but if you wish you can buy my book from Amazon
- Telling your carer story
- My story
- Caring through Coronavirus
- The tragedy of Young carers
- Carer traits and characteristics
- What I found vital for carer support
- Networking with Fellow Carers
- Including unpaid carers in NHS Co-Production
- The stigma of an unpaid Mental Health Carer
- What I learned as a carer